Safe and Strong All Life Long
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Safe and Strong is a one-day program dedicated to addressing the ongoing epidemic of sexual violence and harassment in our society.
There are no grey areas when it comes to sexual violence or harassment. Whether it’s unwanted touching, inappropriate comments or the expectation of sex. We know it happens every day and it’s never okay.
Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.motto of the U.S. Air Force
What is sexual violence?
- Sexual violence is any sexual act or attempt to obtain a sexual act by violence or force. This includes:
- unwanted sexual comments or advances
- selling or attempting to sell someone for sex
- acts of violence directed against an individual because of their sexuality, regardless of the relationship to the victim
Facts about sexual violence
- Sexual violence affects 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men
- Rape is about power and control, not sex
- There are no grey areas; it’s never okay
- Uninvited touching and/or comments are never acceptable
- Comments directed against a person’s sexuality can be a form of sexual harassment and violence and can have a negative impact on self-esteem and well-being. This is against the law
- Just because someone buys you dinner or a drink, doesn’t mean you owe them sex in return
Centering calms the mind, making it clear and powerful, unquestioning and unknowing, thus allowing access to a domain of spontaneously appropriate actions.Peter Ralston
Much of the apathy and victim-blaming surrounding sexual violence is fed by many common myths. We give the participants the information needed to understand what is meant by personal sovereignty and consent.  Beyond personal understanding, this teaching is also meant to start a broader conversation aimed at reducing ignorance and misinformation around this vitally important topic.
Learning to cultivate and heed one’s natural intuitive warning signals is critical to living safely. Participants will learn to distinguish between real, situational fear and manufactured anxiety. From this understanding we better learn to recognize signs of coercion and malicious intent.
In the event of an assault, escape and survival are the paramount goals. As a last line of defense, participants will learn the physical skills necessary to disable an attacker, allowing for escape to safety.
This training leads to increased confidence and self-esteem. Mindful Movement Training is so named because the ongoing practice of awareness and vigilance, when rightly framed, leads to a deepened skill in the simple joy of living life through one’s senses. As the author Gavin de Becker put it, “We must learn to pay relaxed attention to our environment, rather than rapt attention to our imagination.” Let us know some information and we’ll get back to you.
Get in Touch
Let us know some information and we’ll get back to you.